Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Vogue 1548: possibly the best op shop find ever?


There she is, hanging out with another awesome op-shop find, a 1950's  Singer 201K Treadle
As the ladies at social sewing know, I get a lot of my fabric from op shops and I've found some treasures. I always have a look through the patterns too, and have a little collection from the 60's and 70's even though I haven't made many of them up. 

Last week I hit the jackpot. A 1976 Diane Von Furstenberg for Vogue patterns 1548, uncut, in great condition and in my size for the princely sum of .... 99c!  When  picked it up I knew it was something special but I didn't realise quite how special until I got home and mentioned my find on Twitter and did some ebay searching.  I'll have to make sure that I do this classic pattern justice and what better time to do it as 2014 is the 40th anniversary of the wrap dress.

I think I'll trace rather than cut this one eh?

9 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! I bet that you did a dance around the kitchen after finding that one - and yes, I think that you might be tracing it! Congratulations on a wonderful find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes happy dances all around.

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous S-C-O-O-O-O-R-E!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without a doubt - best find ever!!! ;) So glad you found it & will appreciate it - & keep the hopes of the rest of us up that one day, one day…. we'll find something that sings to us too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great score! I found one of these in a $10 bundle on Gumtree, but when I contacted the seller she gave them to an op shop as she had no takers... maybe that's the same one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really did get a bargain there. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niiiiiiiiiiice!! I love a good op/thrift shopped find!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh awesome! You DO know those babies go for between $50-$125 on ebay - cut, right? Ha!!! This is going to be a winner of a sewing project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG You found the Original DVF wrap dress pattern!!!!!! You could sell it for zillions. I have pattern envy. Seriously, great find, love the sewing machine as well.

    ReplyDelete