In all seriousness I was really glad that I made a muslin as it has shown up a couple of fitting issues that I need to work out. I cut the 38 according to the measurements, knowing that this is the European size that I usually wear (I used to live in the UK), and reading somewhere that Deer and Doe patterns are drafted for a C cup.Here is the muslin on Matilda (I have done the fitting on me but wasn't up to a picture this morning!).
And here is the fabric choice - a red denim/cotton for the dress and a brown polka dot for binding at the neck and arms.
After I went to the social sewing, thanks to all the helpful tips from the talented SS ladies I made a few more adjustments so in total here are the changes:
- Took out 1cm from each of the back panels, tapering to nothing at the seam.
- Took out 1cm at the CF, tapering down to nothing at the seam, and adding a few mm to the side seams for some breathing room.
- Moved the side bust darts down and shortened the vertical ones by
- Lengthened the bodice by 1cm using a French curve (thanks Claire)
- Took out 1cm from the top of the CB.
As well as all those great sewing tips there was also a great swap. I came away with some treasures... more on those later.
Thanks again ladies for a great day!